Thursday, January 10, 2008

January 10, 2008

Today I am thankful for that Amber is just learning to cook.

She was never much interested in learning how to make anything beyond what came in a box and the occasional green bean casserole. Now that she is on her own and tired of what comes in boxes and cans, she is endeavoring into recipes. And every few days I get these calls that start with, "I wanted to make [insert entree here], do you know the recipe?" or "I started to make [insert recipe here] and I need to know what [cooking term] means?" The problems often involve a microwave that really sounds like it needs replaced or an ingredient that she doesn't have. But they always involve a phone call. And that is an opportunity I will NEVER turn down.

For this blessing, I am grateful and indebted.

Praise be to God!

No comments: